Job Title - Quantity Surveyor (Senior)
Salary - £60k-70k plus package
Location - South East London
Our client, a family-run Main contractor who have developed a solid reputation in varied sectors of the construction industry, are now looking to add an experienced Quantity Surveyor to their commercial team due to continued success of the business. Their projects are centralised to the London and Greater London areas and involved a mixture of new-build and refurbishment projects up to around £10m in value. Our client is proud of the solid reputation they have built and are looking for a seasoned Quantity Surveyor who can maintain their values whilst successfully managing the commercial aspect of their construction projects.
Job description & Responsibilities for Quantity Surveyor
Working alongside our client's Commercial director, some of your duties will include;
- Monitor contract costs against agreed budgets - company financial reporting
- Guide and advise staff on contractual issues
- Utilising previous NEC and JCT Design and Build contract knowledge bring maximum value to projects
- Guide and develop junior commercial staff, identifying training where necessary
- Monitor contract compliance against statutory requirements
- Oversee the procedures for certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
- Work closely with the Commercial Manager in to improve processes and manage the commercial team
This is an amazing opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor looking to make a move into a contractor that values independence and willing to provide the opportunity to have a real impact on the projects they're involved in and take advantage of the stellar reputation our client has built in the industry.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- BSc/MSc in Quantity Surveying
- Demonstrable experience in Commercial management in the built environment
- Experience working independently on projects valued circa £10m
If this role is of interest to you then please apply via the link or feel free to call Tom Fitzpatrick directly on 020 7248 0000 or send your CV and cover letter .