Job Title - Quantity Surveyor (Senior)
Salary - £55-65k
Location - South East London
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is needed to join a leading Construction Management consultancy, who have developed a leading reputation in the industry through their quality of service to clients in the green belt. They are heavily involved in public sector projects, with the majority of projects being Residential, Commercial, Education or Healthcare working with some of the U.K's leading Construction companies.
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a highly successful Construction consultancy, who maintain a friendly and forward thinking company culture and truly take care of their employees.
This is the perfect career opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor looking to take the next step in their career, as our client has a clear defined career path planned for the successful candidate. If you're a Senior Quantity Surveyor from a PQS background and looking for a change, it would be great to hear from you.
Job description & Responsibilities for Quantity Surveyor
Our client has several live projects across the London/Greater London area as well as a healthy pipeline of new-build projects. Some of your responsibilities whilst working with our client will be:
- Monitor contract costs against agreed budgets - company financial reporting
- Develop and monitor the use of cost and financial reporting systems
- Identify potential risks and evaluate options for control
- Guide and advise staff on contractual issues
- Utilising previous NEC and JCT Design and Build contract knowledge bring maximum value to projects
- Guide and develop commercial staff, identifying training where necessary
- Monitor contract compliance against statutory requirements
- Oversee the procedures for certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
- Work closely with the Principal Quantity Surveyor in to improve processes and manage the commercial team
Key Skills & Qualifications
- BSc in Quantity Surveying
- Working towards or already gained Chartered status
- JCT and NEC design and build contract experience essential
- Experience in mentoring junior commercial staff
If this role is of interest to you then please apply directly or feel free to call Tom Fitzpatrick on 020 7248 0000.