Are you an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor with heavy civils experience?
Feeling uninspired at work?
Are you up for the challenge of working with a reputable contractor?
Daniel Owen Ltd currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with heavy civils experience to get involved with a well known civil engineering contractor on a permanent basis. This role will be based close to Dundee in Carnoustie.
This is a massive opportunity for any ambitious candidate. As well as being on board with a forward thinking contractor, which will look great on any CV, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, vehicle and an attractive benefits package.
Role and responsibilities:
- Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required
- Preparation of Valuations/Application for payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract
- Management of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation
- Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts
- Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers
- Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change
- Challenge & manage in cost control/mitigation
- Ensure the correct site records are maintained
- Have an up to date Cost to Complete and Risk analysis Register for the projects(s)
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of change events, extension of time claims, final accounts etc
- Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required
- Ensure appropriate Client Management is initiated and maintained
- Experience within a similar role.
- HNC/Degree qualification
- CSCS Card
- Comprehensive NEC contract experience and demonstrable commercial awareness.
- Exposure to heavy civils project essential
- A willingness to travel as the projects dictate
- An ambitious leader who is looking to commercially lead on projects worth £30m+, drive profitability and always acting with integrity.
As an Equal Opportunities organisation Daniel Owen Ltd can guarantee that all applicants will receive equal treatment within our application and selection process.
If this opportunity is of interest then please get in touch with Paul Logan of Daniel Owen Ltd on 07879115075 or alternatively send an up to date CV or your number and I can call you. Thanks.