Daniel Owen are currently looking to speak Senior Quantity Surveyor with previous experience in building and maintaining educational facilities. This is a permanent, full-time role working Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Successful candidate will assist the Commercial Manager or MQS in financial pre-commencement activities such as pricing of works for submission to client, appointment of consultants, initial subcontract negotiations. To carry out key commercial tasks such as bonus payments, subcontract procurement and management, site measurement, internal and external valuations, Management of change orders, Cost Value reportage, Performance Reviews - all in accordance with the Quantity Surveyors Manual and Training Plan.
Pre-commencement - Negotiated Schemes
- Assistance in the completion of Cost Plans for submission to client.
- Assistance in the completion of design to cost / value engineering to ensure best value for the client and to maximise contribution for the business.
- Assist in the agreement of consultant fees and appointment of consultants.
- Assist in the completion of Commercial Review of Main Contract.
- Appointment of initial subcontract packages.
Drawing take-offs and site re-measurement
- Take-off exercises prior to scheme commencement.
- Ongoing site re-measurement of measured works.
- Site checks & recording of variations in order to accurately produce internal and external valuations.
Subcontract procurement and order placement
- Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing to prepare the scope of works ensuring compliance with conditions throughout the contract.
- Production of enquires.
- Work closely with the legal team to create contractual documentation, manage contractual issues and take action as necessary to mitigate any risks.
- Obtaining quotations and completing comparisons.
- Order value negotiations and agreements.
- Negotiating and Pricing Target Costs for future contracts awarded and monitor preliminary expenditure
- Ensure subcontractors price is in line with our supply chain agreements to maximise rebates.
- Appoint subcontractor and complete Pre Order Meeting.
- Administration of order documents.
Subcontract Account Management
- Monthly valuation assessment and administration.
- Monitor and record works complete.
- Administration of payments in line with agreed payment dates ensuring timely cash flow management for the Client, group and supply chain.
- Forecasting final accounts through to completion to ensure both the company and the Client is fully advised of the cost situation.
- Agreement of final accounts and obtainment of Final Account Indemnity form upon completion.
Monthly cost value reports
- Completion of initial internal value split within cost value report to determine value within each discipline.
- Completion of cost projection for duration of scheme across all elements to establish projected final cost.
- Produce accurate cost information for monthly Cost Value Report.
- Completion of Cost Value Report by inputting accurate costs.
- Updating internal value in line with most recent projected final account.
- Updating projected cost for the duration of scheme.
- Ensure Subcontract and Material liabilities are input accurately.
- Completion of Contribution Action Plan.
- Ensure cash position updated accurately.
- Attend budget meetings with site team.
- Production of performance review document for senior management.
- Present current Cost Value Report to senior management during performance review.
Management of change orders/variation accounts
- Accurately record occurrence of any change orders, whether client or contractor led.
- Pricing of change order to establish cost and value.
- Production of early warning notice / change order for submission to client.
- Update Cost Value Report ensuring both cost and value are updated prior to monthly report.
- Update projected final account to be submitted to client with monthly valuation claim.
- Value engineering process to ensure best value for client and to maximise internal contribution.
External and internal valuations
Technically knowledgeable of general construction methods including modern methods of construction, steel frame, concrete frame, etc. (new build)
Excellent influencing and negotiation skills with the supply chain and/or external clients to ensure the business maximises profit throughout contract schemes
Excellent numeracy, verbal and written communication skills
Proficient in using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and word
Experience of planning, organising and prioritising workload whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy
Previous high value school experience
If you are interested in the role please call or email Isabelle on 02039170690 or