I am looking to appoint a Senior Surveyor into an Asset Management department at a local authority in the County Durham area.
My client is looking to make the placement for Monday 27th January and the current scheme is running up until the end of July.
They are specifically looking for a candidate who has had an abundance of experience working within the public sector. They have also outlined that successful candidates will be able to carry out the following duties on a daily basis:
- To plan and undertake estate management and effectively manage Councils land and property portfolio
- To provide a full professional and technical service - backing this up with appropriate administrative work to assist
- Advising on property matters
- Preparing and presenting property reports
- Negotiating the acquisition and disposal of land and property
- Dealing with Landlord and Tenant matters
- Asset evaluations
- Contributing to the authority's Property Strategy
- Collaborative working with neighbouring authorities
- Identifying future investment
- To contribute to the councils garage site portfolio including site inspections, leases and complaints
To be considered, candidates must be educated to a degree level in a relevant field. They must also hold a membership to RICS or equivalent professional bodies. A successful candidate will have experience working in a senior role, but also be able to make decisions in a team effectively.
The client is looking to review CV's as soon as possible.
Rate is negotiable depending on experience.
Please call the office on 0191 814 1360 to express your interest ASAP.