Daniel Owen are currently recruiting for a Facilities Management Service Manager to work within commercial NHS facilities in Bedford, Bedfordshire.
Temporary Position- 6 months (potential extension for permanancy)
Full Time- 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Salary: please discuss
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Hard Facilities Manager (Service Manager) to join our Hard Facilities Management team in Bedford. This team delivers a first-class maintenance and repairs service on behalf of a large NHS Trust. We provide reactive and planned maintenance to a number of NHS buildings in Bedford and Luton as part of this long term contract.
Working to a contract manager and alongside a further Service Manager/Hard FM Manager, you will:
- Manage a small team of maintenance engineers to ensure that the Rydon maintenance service is delivered to the highest standards.
- This involves ensuring that engineers are suitably scheduled (via our scheduling team) to undertake repairs in the correct priority order and to ensure the safety of our clients and services users in these busy NHS buildings across Luton and Bedford.
- Our primary goal is to ensure that repairs (whether planned or reactive) are undertaken in line with the strict KPIs set within our contract, as well as to the desired quality standards.
- You will take responsibility for ensuring that all necessary reporting (including internal, statutory and client) is up to date and accurate, and that client communication is maintained to an excellent standard.
- Overall, you will ensure the effective running of the responsive, planned and lifecycle maintenance programmes to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for service users in live hospital and healthcare environments.
- You will work with the Contract Manager to deliver ongoing improvements and recommendations to the long term contract strategy to maximise productivity and quality whilst ensuring cost efficiencies are achieved.
- As part of this continuous improvement initiative, you will conduct regular audits and make recommendations and ensure that all aspects of HSQ&E and Compliance are managed effectively.
Utilising and investigating our CAFM system you will help to drive service delivery and performance across the site.
- Previous experience as a Facilities Manager, Supervisor or Account Manager within a maintenance contractor. (This experience will ideally have been gained supporting NHS clients however, candidates with good commercial experience that can be translated to the NHS will also be considered (for example, you may have managed shopping centres, offices, retail establishments etc).)
- Strong influencing, communication and relationship building skills and should be familiar and competent in managing and maintaining statutory compliance.
- You will have a knowledge and experience of building services maintenance and Health & Safety procedures in daily site operation.
- Keen customer service approach, strong interpersonal skills and good IT skills (Microsoft Office Packages such as Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Full and Clean UK Driving License
If/when the position transitions from temporary to permanent, you will be given a salary based wage with a vehicle allowance.
If you are interested, or would like to discuss your application further, please call the Daniel Owen Facilities Management team today.