Job Title - Site Manager
Location - Ongar, Essex
Salary - £45k-£55k + Package
Our client are a main contractor who have been established for over 50 years' working across both the private and public sector.
They specialise in areas that include: heritage where they restore listed buildings; education, from nursery level up to university buildings; Blue Light, which includes the police, fire, health and ambulance services; community, which covers facilities such as libraries, museums, leisure centres and parks; private residential works to individual properties and mansion blocks and, finally, the commercial sector which ranges from shell-and-core works to office fit-outs.
They have two distinct teams - Major Works and Special Works. Major works handle project values ranging from £500k up to £3m whilst Special Works provide our services below the £500k threshold. Each team has a wealth of talent ensuring that their clients received the same high standard of management and workmanship which includes Quality Assurance, Environmental Management, Health & Safety and Resourcing.
Working a long side the Project Manager, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Ensure that the programme deadlines are achieved
- Assist the contractors and subcontractors to ensure they have a full understanding of the required program dates
- Ensure that all building operations are carried out in line with current health and safety standards and that all method statements and risk assessments have been reviewed and checklists completed
- Conduct and monitor tool box meetings, health & safety training, including site inductions and site training are conducted as necessary
- Ensure that all works are carried out to the highest standards of quality
- Assess the quality of work at all stages
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Must have a demonstrated track record in various different types of construction projects
- Health & Safety focused
- Good Technical Ability
- CSCS Card
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Sam Taylor on 0207 248 0000