I am currently looking for a site based construction site manager that is extremely organised to run the part demolition and construction of a 20,000 sq/ft mixed use commercial building from start to finish. This is an 18-month project that will lead to future projects for the right person.
Skills required in short are as follows:
- Commercially strong able to look at value engineering where required
- Very organised, must be a planner and follow through - (Lots of people can explain and sell what being very organised is, however we will need a little more than an explanation)
- Good site logistics experience - This is an absolute must. We need someone that has worked on a project where site logistics was difficult but manageable
- The ability to liaise with contractors, neighbours and members of the public in a polite and firm manor (good people skills)
- The person must have weekly meetings with sub-contractors at a set time every week to discuss site progress and plan the next week's work. We need someone with good structure
- Approachable and someone that can work under pressure and still produce
- Technically strong
- Able to read construction drawings
- Explain and follow through any construction processes
- Strong health and safety skills
- We would like to see examples of relevant construction documentation produced. RAMS, short term programme etc.
Must have the relevant site manager's qualifications - SMSTS, 1st Aid at work, Scaffold inspection. Any others will be beneficial.
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Liam O'Leary on 0207 248 0000