Industry - Planned works
Location - South East London & Surrey
Salary - Up to £55,000 DOE
Daniel Owen are proud to be partnered with a large growing property maintenance company in the South East area. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with an aggressive growth plan.
They are looking for a Site Manager to come on board and manage all the Planned Works contracts in the South East/London and Surrey areas. Working closely with the Contracts Manager, you will manage the day-to-day operation of the major works projects.
Daily responsibilities for the successful Site Manager will include:
- Set up site prior to the commencement of project work
- Plan projects and ensure they meet agreed specifications, budget and timescales
- Oversee building work
- Liaising with clients and reporting progress, professional staff (such as architects and surveyors) and the public
- Supervising direct labour and contracted staff
- Meeting subcontractors
- Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Maintaining quality control procedures
- Ensure timesheets are accurate and agreed with line manager
- Motivating the workforce
- Provide regular project updates to line manager
- Using specialist construction management computer applications
- Carry out regular toolbox talks
- Organising and arranging the procurement of materials and plant
- Proven track record of working on various planned works projects (K&B's Externals, Internals, Roofing, Cladding, EWI etc)
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the client representatives and customers as appropriate and maintain best practice introducing innovative processes which will add value and drive efficiencies.
- Experience managing all major works projects.
- To recruit and develop a team including tradesman/supervisory staff.
- Able to price and programme works from drawings, organising labour and materials etc.
- Regularly review service delivery.
- Operational focus - Someone who can manage various processes, can oversee the operational delivery of the project and is very organised.
Requirements for the role:
- You will have a proven track record and experience of managing major works projects.
- The successful candidate will be able to work productively in a pressurised environment, act decisively when faced with urgent issues while consistently always maintaining a high level of service.
- Social Housing, Local authority or Tier 1 contractor experience is a must.