SSSTS Operational Supervisor Required
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
Industry: Building & Construction
Location: West Midlands, DY1
Salary: GBP 35K - 40K Per year
SSSTS Supervisor required for a large nationwide construction company that specialises in residential projects. Our client is looking for experienced and hardworking supervisor to join a project based in Dudley. The site can be accessed by public transport so own transport is not essential.
This labourer contract will be ongoing, with hours being 7:30 - 4:30, Monday-Friday and the option to work overtime at the weekends.
Daily responsibilities will include:
Surveying of new jobs, including photos, checking measurements from drawings and identifying asbestos arrange survey if needed.
- Helping with ordering materials.
- Day to day running of operatives and dealing with issues.
- Dealing with waste disposal skips, clearances ETC.
- Helping operatives with setting out.
- Liaising with clients on progress and programmes.
- Liaising with building control at required times.
- Quality control of works identify snags whilst we are still on site to avoid return.
- Read programmes and monitor/ adjust to suit changes on site (weather etc.)
- Recognising and measuring up variations and request cover emails from the council.
- Photographic evidence of variations/ progress as necessary.
- Liaising with a variety of sub-contractors to ensure on programme and of any changes to programmes.
- Pre-start meetings with clients, Manager and Contractors..
- Setting operatives up on first day on site.
- Health and safety - ensuring method statements and risk assessments are adhered to including basics such as PPE, site welfare, site compound, housekeeping, site inspections filled out weekly, permits to dig and hot works permits.
- Retrieving Satisfaction Notes for completed jobs.
- Handover with both sub-contractor and client to ensure works completed and to ensure snagging is carried out at the same time as handover.
- Arrange building control handover on extensions once all snags are complete.
- Monitoring hire items make sure things are being off hired when they are finished with
- Performing equipment, material, and routine site inspections.
- Scheduling regular meetings with clients, site inspectors, managers, and staff.
- Writing up reports, snag lists, site inspections and Health and Safety Paperwork including toolbox talks.
- Issuing permits to work.
- Assisting with recruitment.
- Processing paperwork and traveling to multiple sites as required.
- Experience in the construction industry required.
- Experience in a leadership role recommended.
- Valid driver's license.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to focus and keep calm under pressure.
- Ability to keep track of multiple projects.
Requirements for the role
- A valid SSSTS Card
- The ability to perform physical manual labour
- Own PPE - High vis vest, safety glasses, gloves, dust mask and hard hat can be provided by Daniel Owen
- Own tools NOT required
Daniel Owen are a recruitment company that specialise in placing people within the construction, engineering, rail & maintenance industries. We are currently recruiting on behalf of a large nationwide construction company that specialises in new build and refurbishment projects