I am looking for several Storemen to start work for a well established contractor on or around the 2nd August on an ongoing framework they have recently won.
They are looking for experienced Goods In / Storesmen who will be responsible for working on remote sites and running of storage yards and related facilities, including such duties as manually loading and unloading materials, operating mechanical loading equipment, preparing materials for tradesman and keeping accurate records of the receipt and issue of stores items.
My client has noted that this role may involved working away from home on another one of their sites, possibly for a full week Monday - Friday but expenses will be covered.
Day to day duties are listed as follows but not limited to:
- To ensure the stock levels of the store are kept to a level as agreed with the Site management
- Prompt turnaround of incoming deliveries
- Clean and tidy yard to include perimeter checks as necessary
- Checks incoming goods against purchase orders
- Assign materials to the correct yard/container location
- Record all materials leaving the yard/containers
- Unload and load incoming and outgoing vehicles
- Maintain the yard stock
It would be desirable if candidates held a forklift licence although not essential if there is demonstrable experience.
If you are interested, please ensure you have availability to start work on 2nd August.
Please call Abby on 07711556949 / 0191 814 1360 or apply within.