Are you an experienced Supply Chain/Procurement Manager looking to take the next step in your career?
Feeling uninspired at work?
Are you up for the challenge of working with a large tier 1 contractor on a 20 year construction project in Cumbria?
Daniel Owen Ltd currently have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager with construction or infrastructure experience to get involved with a well known tier 1 main contractor on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Cumbria.
This is a massive opportunity for any ambitious candidate. As well as being on board with a forward thinking main contractor, which will look great on any CV, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, vehicle and an attractive benefits package.
The tasks of the Supply Chain Manager will include but not limited to:
- To drive maximum value from the supply chain through effective supply chain selection, segmentation, relationship management and development, and robust performance management
- To lead the implementation of the Supply Chain Strategy for their area(s) or sector(s), and support the development and implementation of the Business Unit Supply Chain Plan
- To ensure an effective supply chain structure is in place for their area or sector, with clear ownership of key subcontractor relationships, whilst ensuring a consistent approach across the Business Unit
- To manage and improve the performance of the supply chain, including driving innovations and best practice, through ongoing engagement, assessment and intervention.
- Implement the Supply Chain Strategy and deliver the Business Unit Supply Chain Plan
- Own the segmentation of the supply chain and the associated supply chain database for their area(s) or sector(s), and input to the management of the database for the Business Unit, working closely with colleagues in other areas, sectors and Business Units to ensure a coordinated approach
- Own key supplier and subcontractor relationships, and/or ensure a relationship owner is identified
- Identify new suppliers and/or subcontractors for consideration by the business where required
- Seek out innovations to differentiate, through engagement with our supply chain
- Work winning - provide supply chain input, answers to questions and support for pre-qualifications
- Pre-contract - input to subcontractor selection and the development of project tender lists.
- Lead the development of supply chain bid input / responses
- Where required, support and/or lead subcontract procurement and develop project procurement strategies
- Lead the performance management of subcontractors for their area or sector
- Champion and drive utilisation of the iPortal, ensuring timely assessments and feedback to subcontractors
- Work closely with, and support the efforts of, the Supply Chain Hub - to drive value through subcontractor and supplier engagement and trading
- Work with other Procurement Managers and Supply Chain Managers across the Division to develop procurement and supply chain strategies for specific products and trades
- Routinely gather and share competitor, supplier and market intelligence, including suppliers and subcontractors outside of our supply chain.
- Regularly review and refresh the subcontractor supply chain to ensure it continues to meet the needs of the business and our customers
- Support Perfectly Delivery and ensure the Supply Chain is 100% safe and sustainable
If you are interested in applying then give Paul Logan a call on 07879115075 or send an up to date CV
As an Equal Opportunities organisation Daniel Owen Ltd can guarantee that all applicants will receive equal treatment within our application and selection process.