I am looking to appoint a Supported Living Scheme Caretaker for the customers and communities department at one of the local authorities.
The purpose of the post is to provide cover between the hours of 17:00 and 07:00 Monday to Friday and weekend cover with sleep ins as specified by the senior housing and support outreach worker for small blocks of flats occupied by people with a mild/moderate learning disability. To maintain the building as a safe and secure environment and to act as a point of contact for tenants.
Key roles that this position will include are as follows:
- To provide overnight sleep in cover as required by the service, maintaining the safety and security of the building
- To supervise tenant and visitor access to and from the building
- To ensure the security of the building by monitoring CCTV and patrolling at regular intervals
- To carry out cleaning duties in the office and communal areas and assist with refuse collection
- To identify defects in relation to weekly/monthly building checks and report these promptly
- Report out of hours emergency maintenance defects to 'repairs hotline'
- To maintain full and accurate log of event's during the shift. Complete verbal/written handovers
- To act as first point of contact in an emergency situation within the service and take appropriate action i.e. contacting the emergency services and informing relevant professionals
- To participate in ensuring compliance with The Gateshead Housing Companies Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
- To communicate effectively with tenants and professionals
- To undertake appropriate training to meet the identified needs of the service as agreed with the line manager.
- To operate within clear professional boundaries and within The Gateshead Housing Companies code of conduct
- To act as a point of contact for tenants
- To work flexibly on a rota, including weekends and public holidays
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as directed by the line manager
Please call the office on 0191 814 1360 to express your interest.