The Role - Technical Manager
Location - St. Albans
Salary - £55k-£65k + Package
My client has been building new homes for 50 years and is firmly established as a leading developer with a passion for not just building homes, but creating vibrant sustainable communities.
My client is looking to take on an experienced Technical Manager to oversee one of their larger development sites, St. Albans. This is a senior role where you will be managing the technical side of the 1000-unit site, which currently is just over halfway through construction.
They are looking for candidates with experience with a major house builder, either with an Engineering (civil/structural) background, or someone whom comes from an architectural background.
Principal Duties or Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the securing of detailed technical investigations and ensuring house designs are optimised to make the best use of the land and its surroundings. You will be maintaining a relationship and strong communication flow with statutory authorities, and ensuring that all necessary documentation and drawings are produced to the level of detail necessary for the build team to lead construction.
- To manage the technical element of the site, liaising with external architects and designers, as well as internal stakeholders to secure planning permission, and ensuring the product is functional, well designed and meets the Crest Nicholson's quality standards.
- You will constantly work to ensure the scheme is fully optimised for maximum return on investment, whilst never compromising on Crest Nicholson quality standards of construction, design or health and safety.
- You will work closely with local authorities, utilising your design experience as well as your legal compliance knowledge to ensure we meet all relevant technical requirements, raising any issues that arise with senior management.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A perceptive individual who, through a natural diplomacy, can influence people in a changing environment.
- A clear-thinking person demonstrating attention to detail who is well organized and can operate independently under a broad direction.
- A team builder who can develop and maintain good relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals both within the Company and outside.
- A broad thinker who can take a global view and has an inherent ability to 'get the job done'.
- Residential experience either with a Main Contractor or Residential Developer
- Degree Qualification or equivalent
- Experience with a major house builder, either with an Engineering (civil/structural) background, or someone whom comes from an architectural background.
If this role is of interest to you then please apply directly or feel free to call Megan Spice on 020 7248 0000.