Job Type - Temp (18-month term contract)
Start Date: Jan 2019
Location - South East London
Salary - £37k
Daniel Owen are currently recruiting on behalf of a social housing provider. Our client is looking for an experienced technical surveyor to join their team based in South East London.
Daily responsibilities for the successful Surveyor will include:
- Managing contractor's performance
- Investigate claims of damage to properties
- Manage budgets for contractor spend
- Maintain excellent customer service in all areas of work.
- Take responsibility for own learning and development.
Requirements for the role:
- Identifying repairs / required works - preparing costed specifications
- Writing technical reports
- Negotiating with private landlords and external contractors
- Managing / controlling budgets
- Knowledge of:
- Building construction practices / practical building repairs
- Private Sector Housing Law
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Ability to investigate technical aspects of housing maintenance and specify correct remedial action
- Ability to write reports and specifications clearly and precisely
- Ability to ensure work done complies with specifications, standing orders and safety regulations
- Ability to establish causes of repairs problems and to identify remedies in an analytical way