I am looking to appoint a Tree Surgeon into my local clients team to cover a period of sickness and increased workload for 3 months or possibly longer.
To effectively contribute to the work of the Greenspace Service in ensuring that the local area is a clean and attractive place to live and visit, that it is safe and that it is a community where people are healthy, and in particular assist the Corporate Lead Officer in the delivery of all Arboricultural services.
- You will be responsible for delivering a high quality, customer focused service. You must:
- Investigate and solve customer and member enquiries and complaints.
- Undertake inspections of trees and provide tree-related reports.
- Delivery of a high quality tree works service.
- Assist in ensuring satisfactory consultation is achieved with relevant stakeholders including Residents Associations, End Users, Council members and Officers.
- Preparation and recording of data, relating to relevant performance indicators.
- Manage contractor performance and draw up contractor documentation/evaluation
- Prepare Planning and ASB notices in relation to Tree concerns
- You will be responsible for contributing to a great team. You must:
- Advise client departments regarding tree inspection issues.
- Promote the Borough's Tree and Woodland Policies.
- Be responsible for keeping the Assistant Arboricultural officer and other colleagues informed to enable works and activities to be co-ordinated across services.
- Demonstrate total professionalism, and value diversity.
- Be responsible for budget management
- You will be responsible for establishing the right partnerships to deliver high quality projects and services. You must:
- Prepare reports, presentations for Community Forums and other formal/informal groups.
- Liaise with the Public, Members and organisations as necessary to ensure a co-ordinated and sustainable tree inspection service.
- Provide professional advice and work with Council staff and partners to ensure transparency and consistency for dealing with tree related insurance matters.
- You will be responsible for managing a Work Programme. You must:
- Assist the Corporate Lead officer to handle enquiries from all sources and undertake inspections as required.
- Pro-actively inspect and catalogue the trees throughout the Borough.
- Regularly monitor and formally report of all tree related activities.
Please apply within or call the office on 0191 814 1360 to express your interest.