Position: Workshop Manager / Contracts Manager
Salary: £48,000 - £55,000 + benefits
My Client are a well-established specialist steelwork fabricator and supplier of Structural and Architectural Steelwork including Steel framed Buildings, General Building Steels, Balustrades, Staircases, Handrails and secondary steelwork, from design through to fabrication, site delivery and erection.
We have undertaken investment in the company, incorporating a new company structure, creating new roles. In addition, we have won a number of new profitable projects, now requiring an in-house AutoCAD Technician to produce GA & fabrication drawings for our steelwork projects.
The successful candidate will be working on various size projects, from staircases, small building extension frames to industrial warehouse frames and will be reporting directly to both the Manager and Managing Director.
Qualifications and/or Experience Required:
- Experience as AutoCAD Technician/Draughtsman essential.
- Experience in developing GA's & details for steelwork and metal work from Architect/Engineers drawings and site measurements, and subsequent fabrication drawings.
- Candidate would benefit from having experience in using Tekla or Solidworks (steelwork 3D software).
- To work on your own initiative, and liaise with management, fabrication staff, client, engineers and site workers etc.
- Minimum 2 years` experience required within the steel industry.
Types of steelwork projects:
- Portal Frame Steel Buildings
- Small builds & extension steelwork
- Hospital secondary steelworks
- Industrial: Access gantries, riser steelwork, cat ladders, Mezz floors, staircase`s etc
- Architectural steelwork