Going the extra mile – literally
A well-established construction main contractor.
• The candidate was picking up a company car on his first day on site but he didn’t have access to public transport or any other way of travelling the 35 miles from Swindon to Oxford.
• Nicole Treacy, Managing Consultant at Daniel Owen, drove the candidate to his first day at work.
• She got up at 5am and left the house at 5.30am in order to pick up the candidate at 7am. She then drove to the client’s head office and delivered him on time at 8am, before driving back to Daniel Owen’s offices in Reading – a 100-mile round trip.
• The candidate had a stress-free journey, arrived on time and was able to collect his company car. He has been at the company ever since.
• The client got the candidate when they needed him, with no hassle or disruption for them.
Nicole Treacy says: “We prepare our candidates well and really look after people. If there are worries, I want to take away those worries.”