On the right track for the best candidates
A leading rail infrastructure provider.
• The client had several rail sector projects on the go but was struggling to find staff with appropriate experience in the saturated rail market.
• In particular, they were looking for staff to help them to deliver a framework for the London Underground.
• We suggested that they consider candidates from civils and groundworks backgrounds. From our own experience, we knew that they were a cost-effective option, with the right transferable skills to fulfil much of the framework they needed to deliver.
• The client agreed to see candidates from a wider range of backgrounds. • This opened up a whole new area of the candidate network to our client and interviews started to happen thick and fast.
• 20 Professional and Technical contractors were placed within this LU framework over a period of 14 months.
• Some of the candidates were promoted into more senior positions within 12 months of starting work – proving that their different backgrounds didn’t hold them back.
• The client could deliver more work because vacancies that had been empty for a while were now filled by the right people.
• Our proven record led to us securing a large labour contract and an ever-developing relationship with the client.
“Sometimes you have to think laterally. I knew, from my own background, that transferable skills can benefit not only the candidate but the client too.”